Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Mash-Ups

I've had this idea in my head for weeks: what if, instead of mashing up two songs we could mash up two great books?  I keep scribbling ideas down in my notebook. Eventually a couple of them became art:

To Kill a Mockingjay

I can just imagine Scout as a district tribute, can't you? And Haymitch has a certain Boo Radley quality about him, I think.

The Phantom of the Tollbooth Opera


This one's more of a stretch. Could Christina Daae and Meg Giry be Princess Rhyme and Princess Reason? Surely The Humbug has a few things in common with Carlotta.

I found a few more via Google Images:

CBC Book Cover Mash-Up Barbara Bovaird


CBC Book Cover Mash-Up 8

A few more ideas:

  • We Have Always Lived in Howl's Moving Castle
  • 20,000 Leagues Under a Tuscan Sun
  • Diary of a Wimpy Anne Frank
  • A Game of Thrones of Fire













Got a mash-up idea? Share it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a mash-up idea but I did read about an author taking two of his short stories and smashing them together to come up with a novel. It was "We Were Here" by Matt de la Pena. A great book!!!

    ReplyDelete